Monday, March 23, 2009

Taking The Plunge

So I had a nice chat with my boss at my full-time job the other day, and the conversation eventually pretty much boiled down to "Do I want to pursue a career melting plastic, or do I want to pursue a career in video gaming?" The choice, for me, was pretty easy.

However, I can't just up and drop my full-time job without making the cash up somewhere else. I still have a wife and two kittens to feed. I'm staying on part-time at my day job for now, but probably not forever (in fact, I'd prefer it not be forever... that would suck). So I've got a few things in the works:

  1. The Azeroth Advisor. I've mentioned my work there on here a couple times. They pay me pretty well, and we've been working on expanding a bit to make it more appealing to a wider audience, so that should be pretty good (speaking of which, tell your newbie leveling friends to subscribe -- the level-up ability and talent articles are excellent, and hey, it's free). I can't really make the Advisor a full-time job, but it goes a long way towards making ends meet.
  2. Project Marmot (and TankSpot in general). The extra free time is going to give me a lot of time to work on movie guides, especially with Ulduar coming up. Keep an eye out here, should be some great work coming along. As far as monetary gains, PM isn't really a big income source, though I am working with Ciderhelm on a project or two there. We should be able to start putting out podcasts more regularly again, too.
  3. This Blog. I plan on keeping on top of this a lot more, especially with the random thoughts/articles/guides that seem to be somewhat popular (probably less of the "what did I raid this week" stuff). I've thrown a PayPal donate button up on the right; no one should feel obligated to send anything my way, but hey, if you're feeling rich and/or charitable, I promise I won't spend it on drugs and prostitutes.
  4. My Super Secret Ultra Project. I'm a man with a million ideas, and I plan to start putting them to work. I don't really have anything to announce yet, but I'll be sure to give updates when I do.
Exciting times ahead!

No comments: